Lori asks, “What have you learned?”
Writing was an early interest of mine, one that I let go of over time only to rediscover about a decade ago. In the past ten years, I’ve come to realize just how difficult and wonderful the pursuit of writing can be. But that discovery really was a case of re-learning something I already knew.
What I have truly and newly learned is this: for me, the most satisfying moments of The Writing Life are the people moments.
Reading aloud something I’ve written, and seeing the reaction of kids and their parents. Gathering with other writers to share and discuss manuscripts. Even just hanging out with other writerly people.
For words are the writing. But people make the words matter.
And for an introvert, that's been one heckuva revelation!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Question of the Week: What Have You Learned?
Labels:
Debbie,
QOTW: what have you learned
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment